Friday, October 9, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Cold Glass of Milk

Recap of my day:
1. Get called this morning at 7:48am to be told that they don't need me at work today. Still have to go to work to pick up a hair clip that was made for me by a co-worker to wear at a wedding this upcoming Sunday.
2. Wake up at approximately 10am, make breakfast.
3. Discover that my phone will not allow me to receive or send text messages.
4. Get call from sister at noon asking about aforementioned phone issue. Asks if I want to accompany her to the Art Museum. I agree to go if she will run by my work.
5. Go to Art Museum with sister, get slightly lost. Good times are had.
6. Drive by work to pick up hair clip. Creator originally said she would make item for free. Now is asking for $10 and writes so on the box.
7. Pick up take-out with sister, eat at home while watching the Discovery Channel.
8. Try out wedding ensemble, feel really good in it.
9. Mom comes home from work, doesn't complain. Great.
10. Get ready to leave for a showcase at UMSL in which my boyfriend is playing.
11. Get to the Shrewsbury MetroLink Station a little after 6pm.
12. Purchase ticket, train leaves as I am doing so.
13. Have to wait for the next train for 40 minutes because of "minor delays", it's cold.
14. Finally leave at 6:40, worry if I will make it in time or not to see showcase.
15. Transfer from Blue Line to Red Line.
16. Arrive at UMSL North Station at 7:20pm. Unsure of where the Student Center is on campus.
17. Find the Student Center, do not know where the showcase is being held.
18. Find the showcase which has barely just begun. Relieved.
19. Boyfriend approaches upset because he thought I might have been hurt when the reality was that I was unable to tell him that I had arrived. Note: See phone problems.
20. Boyfriend sits with me for 2 acts after he performs and then disappears for the rest of the showcase.
21. Boyfriend invites me to sit with them once he returns an hour later.
22. Boyfriend and friends are drinking mixed drinks which, I assume, were poured when they "disappeared".
23. Showcase ends.
24. Drop off bassist at his house around 10pm. I sit in car to stay warm while they talk outside. Listen to some choral music.
25. Decide that we do not wish to go to a party tonight, but I do want to spend more time with my boyfriend.
26. Cannot go to boyfriend's house because boyfriend is incapacitated.
27. Call friends to see if they are still at a planned get-together in South St. Louis. Discover that they are not hanging out in South St. Louis, but are in Fenton instead. Was not informed.
28. Get dropped off at house at 11pm, feeling somewhat disappointed in how the evening has turned out.
29. Say so to boyfriend, keeps driver for 30 minutes because of having to repeat myself and explain that it's okay.
30. Currently eating chocolate chip cookies with a cold glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment